Hurricane Dorian Response Fundraiser
Donate now to support HEART 9/11’s Hurricane Dorian Response
Your donation helps deploy HEART 9/11’s highly skilled Rapid Response Team volunteers from the FDNY, NYPD, and the Greater NY Building Trades and provides the much-needed tools and equipment for a sustained response.
In this time of great need please support HEART 9/11’s mission to Respond, Rebuild, Recover.
- HEART 9/11 First Responders and building trades volunteers working in Marsh Harbor and Abaco Island days after Dorian, assisting with searches and rescues alongside international response teams
- Partnered with Samaritan’s Purse on the construction of a Field Hospital and water collection/purification systems
- Construction support for World Central Kitchen’s Marsh Harbour kitchen that prepared and delivered 25,000 meals a day
- Skilled building trade volunteers repaired and rehabbed existing structures, community centers, and homes
- Established partnerships with Bahamian community and grassroots organizations to address immediate community needs and collaborate on long-term recovery efforts
- Communities served include: Freeport, High Rock, McLean’s Town, Sweeting’s Cay, Marsh Harbour, Treasure Cay, Green Turtle Cay
Thank you for your generous donation. HEART 9/11 is a non-governmental, non-sectarian all-volunteer disaster response organization. Contributions to HEART 9/11, a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, are deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Your donation supports HEART 9/11’s Pre-Apprentice Program and will cover all labor and materials needed to build one roof for one family.