Dear Members and Supporters,
I hope all is well with you and your families as the winter winds down and hints of spring are in the air. It has been a very busy few months for HEART 9/11 and I thank you for your help. Below is a list of our recent activities:
* We provided critical demolition to over 120 homes affected by Hurricane Sandy in Brooklyn, the Rockaways, Staten Island and Long Island.
* Our sensitivity to victim’s mental health issues led us to establish partnerships with the Visiting Nurse Services of NY and the Children’s Health Fund. These two outstanding institutions are responding to Gerritsen Beach community health needs.
* Secured a grant from the Robin Hood Foundation to rebuild many of the homes that we deconstructed.
* Plans are complete for two veteran home builds – in March 2013 – with Purple Heart Homes (Manchester, CT) and Hope for the Warriors (Bricktown, NJ).
* In April 2013 HEART 9/11 will build the first firehouse in the area of Fond Parisien and Belan, Haiti to be manned by young Haitians who will protect the homes, clinic, pharmacy and schools that HEART 9/11 built.
With your continued support we will continue to grow and help those who need our help the most.